Find Your Program
Drafting Technician Careers
Recent Wisconsin job postings for this degree:
- CAD Technician
- CAD Designer
Drafting Technician Programs
Drafting Technicians uniquely blend both creativity and analytical skills to bring the vision of an architect or engineer to life. In this career, you will use software to convert designs into technical drawings that will guide the creation of buildings, tools or systems.
Drafting Technicians work in various positions within the engineering, architectural, construction and manufacturing industries. As a student in this program, you will create working drawings and technical drawings from rough sketches or from scratch. Skills include the visualize of forms and shapes from blueprints and sketches, applying technical knowledge, attention to details, and competence on the latest versions of AutoCAD and REVIT software.
Drafting Technician graduates will be able to:
- Develop construction documents
- Identify basic construction materials and systems
- Use computer-aided drafting and architecture-related software
- Utilize office practices and standards
- Utilize the Enrolled Wisconsin Commercial Building Code incorporating the International Building Code
|Drafting Technician||Part of a Career Pathway||Program Transfers||Offered completely online||Shared Program|
|Northwood Tech||Drafting Technician at Northwood Tech|