Find Your Program
Machine Repair Apprentice Careers
Begin an exciting career keeping businesses running by repairing machines. Gateway’s Machine Repair Apprenticeship is the best place to get started with on-the-job training through hands-on work inspecting machinery and using computerized diagnostic systems to repair or replace broken machine components. No two days will be alike with potential duties including pipe-fitting, boiler maintenance, welding, carpentry and much more.
- Earn up to $25 an hour as an established machine repairer.
- Over 9,000 hours of blended on-the-job and classroom training provides a solid foundation for your career in machine repair..
- Begin a rewarding career with no student debt--in fact, you’ll get paid to attend classes!
- In the last year of your apprenticeship, you’ll take a Transition-to-Trainer course to prepare you to share your skills with others and take on a position of leadership in your field.
Average Median Wage
A machine repairer is responsible for keeping machinery and mechanical equipment running smoothly. They rebuild machinery and fabricate parts to maintain industrial equipment and systems. the operation of machine tools, use of mechanics and welding/fabricating equipment to set up machinery, rebuild machinery and fabricate parts, and maintain piping systems for pneumatics and hydraulics.
Details and Requirements
- 4-year training program
- 7,424 hours on-the-job training
- 576 hours paid related instruction
- Additional related instruction may be required
- The apprentice is taught the theory and the knowledge related to safety procedures while working with electrical components. Instruction also consists of local, state, and national electrical codes pertaining to the industrial application.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Entry requirements vary by employer
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Physically able to perform trade
- Applicants apply directly to participating employers
Wisconsin Technical College Machine Repair Apprentice Programs
|Machine Repair Apprentice|
|Gateway||Machine Repair Apprentice at Gateway|
|Milwaukee Area||Machine Repair at Milwaukee Area|